Discovering toolbar and tabs
Toolbar was created to simplify navigation through Facebook.
You may click on Facebook Button every time you would like to return to homepage. Several bookmarks situated at the top of the page will ease your traveling through your page. On default there are five bookmarks that appear after signup.
1. News Feed. This bookmark informs you about all events related to actions of your friends, such as when they leave new posts and writes on walls, or add new friends. Besides you are able to filter the quantity of news that you obtain.
2. Status Update. This bookmark let you know about statuses that your friends post.
3. Photos. This bookmark images photo albums that your friends have. However you are able to browse only those albums that are allowed by users in accordance to privacy settings.
4. Posted Items. This bookmark notifies you about all messages posted by your friends.
5. Live Feed. This bookmark informs you about your friend’s actions, such as new friends they have added, status they have set, and members of what group they have become.
Moreover you are able to add bookmarks to taste. So as to do it, you need to:
1. Click on the cursor at the rightmost of the bookmarks
2. Choose the suitable feeds that you want to be imaged on your bookmarks from the dropdown list box.
You can view or edit your profile information whenever you want. In order to do it you just need to click on the Profile button. A profile is a site for sharing information (messages, photos, etc.) with your friends. At Facebook you can make your profile public accessible so that every user could browse your page or limit your profile so that only friends could visit your personal space. In addition you are able to detect people who have visited your profile. You can also prohibit displaying of exact information for specific friends.
On default there are 4 tabs displayed on your page. They are:
1. Wall – shows text or graphical messages left by your friends. In order to quickly answer them you can use Wall-to-Wall.
2. Info – maps your profile information. In order to edit it, use Edit Information
3. Photos – images photos that you have
4. Videos – shows video clips that you have
Additionally, you are able to append extra tabs:
1. Snap on the “+” button at the rightmost edge of the tabs
2. Choose the appropriate applet from the dropdown list box.
Friends are those people, who are situated in your list of friends; they can observe your profile, see your current status, and obtain information about you from news feed. In order to search for friends, add them or invite to join Facebook, go to Friends bookmark. Usually majority of users agree to add new friends to the list of contacts if they know them in real-life. Before you gain access to the profile information of someone, you need to “offer him a friendship” and only after his agreement you will be able to do it.
In order to read private messages received from your friends, as well as write them, click on Inbox button. Messages are used in the case when people want to personally communicate with each other.
1. In order to write a message use Compose New Message from the Inbox menu
2. Input name of a receiver, subject, and the substance of your message
3. Press Send button to mail a message
4. In order to read received messages, choose View Message